Frequently Asked Questions
Who is behind, produced, The Bible miniseries?
Emmy Award winning producer Mark Burnett (The Voice, Survivor, Shark Tank, Celebrity Apprentice), and actress Roma Downey (Touched by an Angel) created and produced the miniseries.
Is The Bible miniseries on the History Channel theologically accurate/correct/factual and based on biblical scripture?
- The Bible is a docu-drama based on the stories in The Bible. As with any dramatization, some stories and timelines were altered to create a moving story that fit the 10 hour time frame.
- Mark Burnett and Roma Downey did consult a team of advisers while writing and filming the miniseries. This team includes: Rick Warren - Pastor, Saddleback, Joel Osteen - Pastor, Lakewood Church, Erwin McManus - Pastor, Mosaic, Jim Daly - Focus on the Family, Sam Rodriguez - National Hispanic Christian Leadership Conference, Paul Eshleman - Campus Crusade for Christ, Bobby Gruenewald - YouVersion Bible, Brad Lomenick - Catalyst, Leith Anderson - National Association of Evangelicals, Frank Wright - National Religious Broadcasters, Tom Peterson - Catholics Come Home, Geoff Tunnicliffe - World Evangelical Alliance, Gabe Lyons - Q, Luis Palau, George Wood - Assemblies of God, Craig Groeschel - Life Church, Denny Rydberg - Young Life, Andrew Benton - Pepperdine University
- The Bible miniseries is based on the (NIV) New International Version and the (NRS) New Revised Standard Version of the Bible.
Who plays Jesus in History Channel’s The Bible tv series?
Diogo Morgado, a Portuguese actor
When will The Bible series be released on DVD/video/Blu-Ray? / Where can I get The Bible miniseries? / Where can I see The Bible miniseries again?
April 2013 at www.TheBibleMiniSeries.com
What parts/chapters/stories are included in The Bible TV miniseries?
The whole Bible is represented in the 10 hours with stories including Noah's Ark, The Exodus, Abraham, and the birth, ministry, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
When does The Bible on the History Channel air/start/broadcast? How many parts? How long is each part?
- The Bible airs on The History Channel beginning March 3, 2013. Check your local listings for showtimes.
- The Bible will air for 5 weeks – with 2 episodes each week, March 3rd thru Easter Sunday
Where do I find video clips for The Bible miniseries? Can I show/play The Bible in my church?
Clips for church use are available in The Bible Church Kit.
Where was The Bible miniseries shot?
Morocco and the middle east